Activities included in the experience
- Guided tour of the Idiazabal Cheese Interpretation Centre (Idiazabal). The visit includes a cheese tasting.
- Guided tour of the Sagardoetxea – Basque Cider Museum (Astigarraga). The guided tour includes a tasting of cider, grape must, and liqueur.
- Lunch at a traditional cider house. Traditional cider menu consisting of cod omelette, fried cod with peppers, rib eye steak, cheese with walnuts and quince and cider with a “txotx”.
NOTE: Transportation not included.
- Hours: July, August, September, Easter (2 weeks), Christmas (2 weeks), and groups larger than 10 people every day at 10:30a.m. If not, every Wednesday and weekend at 10:30a.m.
- Duration: 6 hours
- When can I go? Throughout the year
- Who is it for? Individual, groups, families, and couples
- Languages: Spanish (with prior reservation), Basque (with prior reservation), French (with prior reservation) and English (with prior reservation)
- Meeting point: Idiazabal Cheese Interpretation Centre (Kale Nagusia, 37- Idiazabal). GPS coordinates: 43.010163, -2.234075
- How to get there:
- By car: park in the centre of Idiazabal (Kale Nagusia). Estimated time from parking: 5-10 min.
- By public transport: From Donostia-San Sebastian (Frantzia pasealekua, 22) take the RENFE train (Line C-1 Irun-Brinkola) to Ordizia. Then take the bus line (Line G0003) to Idiazabal.
- Adults: 48€
- Children ages 0-6: 19€ (especial menu)
- Children ages 7-17: 27€ (special menu)
- Discover the history and culture behind our cuisine.
- Savour two star products of Basque cuisine: cider and Idiazabal cheese.
- Enjoy the authenticity of the cider house experience.