Directions and access
How to get there
Sagardoetxea – Basque Cider Museum is located in the centre of Astigarraga (Kale Nagusia, 48), just 6 kilometres from the centre of Donostia-San Sebastian.
How to get there from…
Enter your location in Google Maps and follow the directions
Directions to Sagardoetxea from Donostia-San Sebastián:
By car / private coach:
- From the centre of Donostia-San Sebastian, cross the Urumea river on the Santa Catalina bridge or the Maria Cristina bridge and continue towards the bus station.
- Continue along Frantzia pasealekua towards Urumea pasealekua.
- Continue towards France on the GI-41.
- Pass through the tunnel and continue towards Hernani on the GI-41.
- Exit in Astigarraga.
- At the first roundabout continue towards Sagardoetxea (follow indications on signs) via Pelotari kalea.
- You arrive in Kale Nagusia and park there.
- Go up the stairs to the museum from the Information Point and arrive at Sagardoetxea.
By bus line:
Getting to Sagardoetxea from other capitals:
- Bilbao: N-637 > E-70 / AP-8 > AP-8 Exit 19 Astigarraga
- Vitoria-Gasteiz: N-622> A-1 Exit 168 Astigarraga
- Pamplona-Iruña: AP-15 Exit 168 Astigarraga
- Bayonne: A63 > AP-8 > E-5 / E-70 / E-80 / AP-8 Exit 19 Astigarraga
Disabled access to the Museum
Sagardoetxea is fully adapted for the disabled and you can visit the museum in a wheelchair.
Wheelchair users may request permission to drive by car or minibus to the museum entrance at +34 943 55 05 75 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also reach Sagardoetxea by accessing Kale Nagusia and going through Jose Elzo plaza, to avoid the stairs from Kale Nagusia.
Access for senior groups (senior citizens)
People with mobility problems may request permission to drive by car or minibus to the museum entrance.
If travelling by bus, the museum guides will pick you up at an agreed point and we will accompany you to Sagardoetxea along a path that reaches the museum’s back entrance, avoiding the stairs.
In order to help you with these indications, you must contact us by calling +34 943 55 05 75 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Parking for buses, minibuses
At the entrance of Astigarraga, you will pass by the Bidebitarte industrial park, which has a large parking lot for buses and minibuses, while the group tours the Sagardoetxea.
In order to access the Bidebitarte industrial park, take the first exit from the big roundabout (follow the signs for Parking).
Did you know...
Since they couldn’t take fruit on their long voyages, whale and cod fishermen going to Newfoundland consumed large amounts of cider. It provided seafarers with the nutrients they needed to prevent dreaded marine diseases like scurvy.