- Are made primarily from culinary/table apples.
- Compared to other standard styles, these ciders are generally lower in tannin and bit higher in acidity. ABV: 5 – 8%.
Sweet or low-alcohol ciders may have apple aroma and flavor. Dry ciders will be more wine-like with some esters. Sugar and acidity should combine to give a refreshing character. Acidity is medium to high, refreshing, but must not be harsh or biting. A refreshing drink. Sweet ciders must not be cloying. Dry ciders must not be too austere.
An ideal cider serves well as a “session” drink, and suitably accompanies a wide variety of food.
Brilliant, pale to yellow in color.
Final date for registration is 10th November 2021. Having registered send 3 samples of 75cl/50cl or 4 samples of 33cl of each product to:
Fraisoro Laboratorio Agroambiental
Finca Fraisoro s/n
Gipuzkoa – Spain
A maximum of 3 products may be submitted in this category.
To take part in the competition you must pay 30€ for EACH PRODUCT registered.
- Descriptive file of the assessment
And for the awarded products:
- Badges for bottles
- Golden, silver and bronze medals
- Best in Class prize (txapela)
- Best of Show prize (trophy)
- A mention in Sagardo Forum 2021 magazine
- Delivery of the prizes obtained
Medals will be awarded according to points reached:
- Bronze medal 30-37 points
- Silver medal 38-44 points
- Gold Medal 45-50 points
For each class, a “Best of Class” Will be awarded by a selected Tasting Committee. In case of a tie, a special jury Will vote and decide which one is the best of class.
Among all “Best of class”, a “Best of Show” Will be elected by a Tasting Committee.