- Juice is concentrated before fermentation, either by freezing the fruit before pressing it, or by freezing the juice and then removing water as it thaws.
- The fermentation stops or is arrested before the cider reaches dryness.
- No additives are permitted in this style; in particular, sweeteners may not be used to increase gravity. ABV: 7 – 13%.
Fruity, smooth, sweet-tart. Acidity must be enough to prevent it being cloying.
Full body. May be tannic (astringent and/or bitter) but this should be slight, to moderate at most.
Entrants MUST specify starting gravity, final gravity or residual sugar, and alcohol level. Entrants MUST specify carbonation level (3 levels).
Final date for registration is 10th November 2021. Having registered send 3 samples of 75cl/50cl or 4 samples of 33cl of each product to:
Fraisoro Laboratorio Agroambiental
Finca Fraisoro s/n
Gipuzkoa – Spain
A maximum of 3 products may be submitted in this category.
To take part in the competition you must pay 30€ for EACH PRODUCT registered.
- Descriptive file of the assessment
And for the awarded products:
- Badges for bottles
- Golden, silver and bronze medals
- Best in Class prize (txapela)
- Best of Show prize (trophy)
- A mention in Sagardo Forum 2021 magazine
- Delivery of the prizes obtained
Medals will be awarded according to points reached:
- Bronze medal 30-37 points
- Silver medal 38-44 points
- Gold Medal 45-50 points
For each class, a “Best of Class” Will be awarded by a selected Tasting Committee. In case of a tie, a special jury Will vote and decide which one is the best of class.
Among all “Best of class”, a “Best of Show” Will be elected by a Tasting Committee.