- Are ciders with other fruits, fruit juices, hops or spices added. Also Perry must be included in this Style.
The cider character must be present and must fit with the other fruits, hops or spices. Perry relatively full, low to moderate tannin apparent as astringency. In case of Perry must be a pear character, but not obviously fruity. It tends toward that of a young white wine. No bitterness. Generally quite pale.
Clear to brilliant. Color appropriate to added fruit, but should not show oxidation characteristics. Perry slightly cloudy to clear. Generally quite pale.
Substantial.Depending on fruit, hops or spices added. Perry relatively full, moderate to high tannin apparent as astringency.
Final date for registration is 10th November 2021. Having registered send 3 samples of 75cl/50cl or 4 samples of 33cl of each product to:
Fraisoro Laboratorio Agroambiental
Finca Fraisoro s/n
Gipuzkoa – Spain
A maximum of 3 products may be submitted in this category.
To take part in the competition you must pay 30€ for EACH PRODUCT registered.
- Descriptive file of the assessment
And for the awarded products:
- Badges for bottles
- Golden, silver and bronze medals
- Best in Class prize (txapela)
- Best of Show prize (trophy)
- A mention in Sagardo Forum 2021 magazine
- Delivery of the prizes obtained
Medals will be awarded according to points reached:
- Bronze medal 30-37 points
- Silver medal 38-44 points
- Gold Medal 45-50 points
For each class, a “Best of Class” Will be awarded by a selected Tasting Committee. In case of a tie, a special jury Will vote and decide which one is the best of class.
Among all “Best of class”, a “Best of Show” Will be elected by a Tasting Committee.