- German Word for Cider. Mainly made from acid, semi-acid varieties.
- Some of them really old varieties indicated exclusively for cider making. Unlike ciders made in Spain may not contect high VA (Volatil Acidity). ABV: 5% – 6%.
Aromas close to dry white wines. Green and crisp apples. Usually moderate citric acidity and low or non sweetness. Green apples with dry aftertaste.
Clear pale Straw. Can be clean and bright, also cloudy ciders are commun.
Fresh apple taste, crisp dry finish. No bitterness at all. Usually defined as a hybrid between a wine and a cider. Some with low carbonation.
Single-variety Apfelwein can be found, such as those made of “Boskoop”.
Final date for registration is 10th November 2021. Having registered send 3 samples of 75cl/50cl or 4 samples of 33cl of each product to:
Fraisoro Laboratorio Agroambiental
Finca Fraisoro s/n
Gipuzkoa – Spain
A maximum of 3 products may be submitted in this category.
To take part in the competition you must pay 30€ for EACH PRODUCT registered.
- Descriptive file of the assessment
And for the awarded products:
- Badges for bottles
- Golden, silver and bronze medals
- Best in Class prize (txapela)
- Best of Show prize (trophy)
- A mention in Sagardo Forum 2021 magazine
- Delivery of the prizes obtained
Medals will be awarded according to points reached:
- Bronze medal 30-37 points
- Silver medal 38-44 points
- Gold Medal 45-50 points
For each class, a “Best of Class” Will be awarded by a selected Tasting Committee. In case of a tie, a special jury Will vote and decide which one is the best of class.
Among all “Best of class”, a “Best of Show” Will be elected by a Tasting Committee.